Friday, May 18, 2012

Couldn't stand it.

I woke up this morning with all intentions of hitting the water.  Unfortunately the wind was blowing pretty steady, the sky was gray, and the air was cold and rainy.  Around noon, the rain and wind died off and I hooked the trailer up to the truck and made a run for the ramp.  In the five minute drive from my house to the ramp the rain started again.  I sat parked at the ramp hoping it would clear so I could go chase some fish.  Apparently I nodded off at some point and woke up 45 minutes later and it was still sprinkling.  At this point I figured "why not", and put the boat in the water. 

I ran through the cold drizzle and ducked into a creek to find some fish.  I found several drum working through the bays and around the oyster bars.  I came up on a few redfish with their fins out of the water and was able to sneak up and hook one.  He came unbuttoned, and I moved on looking for another one.  I ended up fishing a deep hole in the creek and finding several flounder, with two being big enough to ride home with me in the cooler.  At this point, I had dealt with enough rain and cold, and made the run back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment